Some Things Cannot Be Explained

- jim Young 20190316

“There are strange things done in the midnight sun,
By the men who moil for gold.” - Robert W. Service.


What IS it?
We don’t really live in the land of the midnight sun and we certainly don’t do any moiling for gold.

Still it’s been a “long cold lonely winter” and “it feels like years since (the sun’s) been here.”1 in our little corner of Northern Ontario.

This is the longest, hardest, coldest winter with the most snowfall we have ever witnessed in all our years of living in Loring.

Of course we’ve only lived here a couple of years, but it’s been hard, I tell ya! It’s been a hard winter. And long and cold and lonely.

And when you are shut in in for days at a time, sometimes the mind and the elements start to play tricks on your senses. Isolation from human contact can bring distress to the most sane and mentally competent minds.

I only need remind you of Jack Torrance’s descent into madness in “The Shining” to make my point.

Of course one might argue that it was more than just the isolation involved and perhaps there were evil spirits and wicked entities at play that led the character portrayed by Jack Nicholson to insanity.

Recently we narrowly escaped a similar tragedy.

I remember it well.

It wasn’t a Friday but still, it was the 13th of the month. March 13, 2019 to be exact and I will remember that date for the rest of my life.

My Shirley and I had gathered in our ClubHouse for a game of pool after dinner as we are often wont to do.

Yes there was alcohol involved and I freely disclose that up front. We had enjoyed our traditional glass of wine with dinner and were now imbibing on a well deserved cold beer. It was our first third of the day. (Okay - maybe fourth.)

However our new security surveillance camera system that was projecting images from 4 separate vantage points of our property was not under the influence.

As we were consumed in our game of pool (much as we were consumed in our alcohol consumption) we didn’t first notice the images that were appearing on the monitor in the ClubHouse, until by chance I looked up and noticed what appeared to be 4 or 5 small lights in a slightly slanted vertical row on Camera 2 slowly bouncing up and down.

“What is that?” I asked aloud. 

Click here to see what we were watching on our monitor.

It was decidedly not snow flakes as had been suggested previously when we had posted similar anomalies.

We couldn’t determine if this entity was evil or benign. “Entity” is the only word I can think to use to accurately describe it. To suggest it might be a ghost, spirit, orb, spectre or anything else would be premature at this time and politically incorrect at best.

My Shirley was the first to venture outside to investigate. She waved her hand in front of the camera and apparently scared it away. Yeah - how brave was that entity.

Click here to see My Shirley chase this entity into hiding.

In hindsight it was probably a very clever tactical move on the part of this entity but more about the entities retaliation will follow later.

We decided to review previous footage on our surveillance system. The footage we found literally sent chills down my spine as we watched the “leader” for lack of a better word, captured on video.

This grotesque creature appeared to be a “hand” beckoning us to come into it’s trap. When that tactic failed the “leader” then left behind, the dancing vertical lights to capture our attention.

Click here only if you dare.

As the man of the house I felt it was my time and my duty to instigate a fulll investigation. And it turns out this was the devious trap that the entity had laid out for me.

I fell for it hook, line and sinker.

No sooner had I ventured outside when I was grabbed around the throat by an unseen foe, tossed mercilessly around the driveway and then pulled back into oblivion.

WARNING! By clicking on this link you acknowledge that what you are about to witness may be terrifying and disturbing.

That was when I lost consciousness. I woke up some time later lying in a snowbank in the backyard where My Shirley had finally found me and was attempting to revive me. I don’t know how long I was there or what happened in between but I have to confess that I somehow felt I had been physically violated in areas of my body that I prefer not to discuss.

It was a troubling experience for us both. But as an eternal optimist I like to think there is a bright side to every story. My Google searches to find the truth that I know is out there has at least revealed to me that, spiders, being cold blooded creatures do exist outside in the winters even in Northern Ontario.
I still can’t explain the loss of time I experienced when I was abducted by the “entity”, or dare I even suggest “aliens” at this point? And I certainly don’t want to think about the possibilities of how I might have been abused, probed or violated during that time. But I think that it is not fair to always blame “alcohol” as the answer.

- 30 -

1Footnote 
George Harrison, Here Comes The Sun

Comments

Stuff others read

Obituary: 173 Big Bay Point Road

Your Silence Will Not Protect You