Buffalo Blue Cheese Nightmares


“Nightmares”
might seem like an odd name to choose when attempting to entice you to even want to try these, but trust me, you’ll be glad you did. The word was chosen as a pun for the more traditional
Cheese Dreams and because I like nightmares. 

I love the exhilarated feeling I get when I wake up from a nightmare, sweating, with my heart pounding as adrenaline courses through my veins. It’s then that I feel most alive and that rush is right up there with Ferris Wheels and Roller Coasters. 

Don’t get me wrong. I still love Cheese Dreams too, but they’re more like a Merry-Go-Round compared to these. Not that there’s anything wrong with the Merry-Go-Round.


Of course you can also add some of the more traditional toppings that you might add to your Cheese Dreams too such as bacon, pieces of ham or chopped onions. Hey - it’s YOUR nightmare. Welcome to it.


Stuff Required:

  • 2 slices of bread

  • Cheez Whiz

  • Buffalo Hot Sauce

  • Blue Cheese

  • 2 Cheese Slices


Do This:

  1. Use a rolling pin to flatten the bread slices as thin as you can.

  2. Place the slices of bread on a baking pan.

  3. Spread Cheez Whiz on the bread slices.

  4. Cover Cheez Whiz with a thin layer of Buffalo Hot Sauce such as Frank’s or your favourite hot sauce. *

  5. Crumble Blue Cheese on top of the Buffalo Sauce. **

  6. Cover with a slice of cheese.

  7. Place the baking pan in the oven or toaster oven and set to broil.

  8. Leave for about 5 minutes until the cheese on top starts to turn black.


Note: Keep a constant eye on your Nightmares. Ovens vary on Broil and can burn the cheese very quickly if you’re not careful. 





* I prefer making up my own with this recipe for Buffalo Sauce or the more simpler version that is used in this recipe for Baked Buffalo Wings.


** The reason most recipes call for you to crumble Blue Cheese on things is because that’s pretty much all you can do with Blue Cheese. You can try to slice it if you want, but it’s probably going to just crumble on you anyway.

Comments

Stuff others read

Obituary: 173 Big Bay Point Road

Your Silence Will Not Protect You

Facebook Imposters - A Form Of Identity Theft