Cheese Dreams

There is one secret ingredient in this recipe that I have left out because you probably won’t have it anyway; at least not in the same form that I do. It's what makes this recipe especially tasty.

While Cheese Dreams are very good in their own right, it's the sprinkling of nostalgia that comes with them when I make them that makes them special for me.

But don't worry. You're still going to love them.

This was one of my favourite recipes that my Mom used to make for my sisters and I when we were very young. It was most often served for lunch on a Saturday and sometimes even Saturday night dinner on a very rare occasion when we were allowed to eat in front of the T.V.

I don’t recall Mom ever pre-cooking the bacon first when I watched her make them and I can’t for the life of me figure out how she got the bacon cooked without burning the cheese, so I recommend at least partially cooking it ahead of time.


It’s still one of my favourite snacks to have between meals when watching television.


Stuff You’ll Need:

  • 3 hamburger buns, halved

  • 2 slices bacon

  • 6 slices cheese


Do This:

  1. Preheat oven to broil.

  2. Partially cook bacon slices and cut into thirds.

  3. Place bun halves on a baking pan covered sprayed with cooking oil.

  4. Place 1 slice of cheese on each bun half.

  5. Place 1 piece of bacon in the middle of the cheese on each bun and secure with a toothpick.

  6. Place in preheated oven for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted and starts to turn black.


Tip: For some delicious variations you can add any combination of toppings such as cooked, loose minced beef, diced onions, bite-sized pieces of ham or even pineapple for those that think pineapple isn’t too weird on your pizza.


Note: Watch carefully as broiling can quickly burn the cheese.


Comments

Stuff others read

Obituary: 173 Big Bay Point Road

Your Silence Will Not Protect You

Facebook Imposters - A Form Of Identity Theft