Fish In Milk
- jim Young 20200517
|Fish In Milk|
This is my version of it here. I later came across my mother's version which is pretty much the same with the exception that she added 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup. I'm guessing the reason that I didn't remember that being in the recipe is that my mother hid it from me, guessing correctly, that I wouldn't have eaten it had I known that was one of the ingredients.
Now I will prepare it sometimes with the Cream of Mushroom Soup and sometimes without it. Both versions are equally good.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 45 min.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 fillets of fish (if frozen, do not thaw)
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 cooking onion
- 3 tbsp margarine
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Place fillets of fish in an oven proof casserole dish (13”x9”x2”)
- Layer slices of potatoes around and over the fish.
- Sliced the onion, cut each slice in half and separate the onion into pieces.
- Spread the pieces of onion over the potatoes.
- Add enough milk to cover the fish, potatoes and onions.
- Place 1 tbsp of margarine in the middle and one on each end.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the potatoes and fish are cooked.
Optional Tips: Cover with chopped up pieces of leek leaves before baking. Before adding milk, add 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.