THE BEATLES * LET IT BE / YOU KNOW MY NAME (LOOK UP THE NUMBER) * 45 rpm * JAPANESE RELEASE * AR-2461

FOR SALE: Make an offer.

#70


I have no idea where I even got this. I really have to quit drinking before I go to Garage Sales, but you know… beer is not just another breakfast drink.


However, I promise you it wasn’t stolen. That’s not my style.


This is the Japanese release of “Let It Be” by the Beatles recorded in 1970 and was manufactured by Toshiba-EMI Ltd. Japan.  Both sides indicate the songs were published by “Northern Songs”, founded by Dick James, Brian Epstein, John Lennon and Paul McCartney.


Let It Be

You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)


















While Phil Spector was credited as the producer of the album “Let It Be”, the production of both sides of this 45 rpm record were credited to George Martin. 


“Let It Be" is backed with “You Know My My Name (Look Up The Number)” which was recorded in 1967.


I don’t know how to properly grade records but this one looks pretty fine to me. Click on any of the photos for a larger view and judge for yourself.


Let It Be

You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)


















I have been tempted to play this record but I have refrained from doing so. For all I know, this record may have never been played. Who am I to take its virginity?


Although this is the Japanese release and there is Japanese text included on the sleeve, the label of record and the insert, most of the text is English.


Wait! What? The insert? That’s right. I’ve never seen an insert included with a 45 rpm record, but THIS record has one. 


One side of the insert includes the lyrics to “Let It Be” and  “You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)” while the other side includes a promotional blurb about the Beatles, relative to these two songs. Of course mention is given to Billy Preston who played the organ on “Let It Be”.


Insert Side One

Insert Side Two

















So, as auctioneer Vern Ayres would say, “What’s it worth to you, boys?” 


In an age where everyone gets offended over nothing, you should probably know that Vern was an old time auctioneer that honed his craft at farmer’s auctions during a time that mostly men attended and he meant no disrespect to the ladies.


So, in keeping with the times and to upgrade that to more modern times, I ask you “What’s it worth to you boys and girls?” or “What’s it worth to you boys and girls and transgenders and all of you who are having trouble determining which gender or species you identify with?”


Personally, I don’t give a rat's ass about your sexual identities or insecurities or confusions, so long as you have money.


Make me an offer. I promise I won’t be offended.  I’ll just have to decide if your offer is worth more or less than what this is worth to me to keep it.


Whatever price we both agree on as fair, you will also have to pay shipping and handling costs. (Unless you pick it up.)

HINT: There really is no “handling” charge. I will only charge you whatever the actual shipping costs are, rounded up to the nearest dollar.


And you should be aware it’s ALWAYS first come, first serve. If you make an appointment to come and see it,  and someone else comes along with cash in hand, guess what? You lose unless you’ve paid a substantial deposit for me to hold it for you.



Comments

Stuff others read

Obituary: 173 Big Bay Point Road

Your Silence Will Not Protect You