Dog On A Root Buffalo Jerk Wings - a Ménage à Trois


Editor's Note: If you read this recipe prior to today (Aug-03-2023) you might have noticed something odd about it. The recipe that had been included here was actually just a recipe for Jerk Wings and not my recipe for Buffalo Jerk Wings.
Thanks to an observant reader for pointing this out to me, I have just updated it and I hope you will enjoy my Dog On A Root Buffalo Jerk Wings".
I apologize for the error.


The definition of a “
Buffalo Wing” is “a chicken wing section (wingette or drumette) that is generally
deep-fried, un-breaded and coated in vinegar-based cayenne pepper hot sauce and butter. They are traditionally served hot, along with celery sticks and/or carrot sticks with blue cheese dressing or ranch for dipping.”

I love Buffalo Wings although I’m not really a purist. I mean it’s not like they were ever made with Buffalo meat anyway. So if I order Buffalo Wings in a restaurant I’m not going to go ape-shit if they are breaded and baked instead of plain and deep fried.

Teressa Bellissimo, the creator of the “Buffalo Wing” at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo first served them with a side of Blue Cheese and celery because “that’s what she had available.” So it’s not like there was any great design or rhyme or reason for it.


I don’t care if it’s made with Frank’s or Louisiana Hot Sauce or even something similar. Just bring me something close to a “Buffalo Wing” and I’m a happy camper.


It’s the same with “Jerk Wings”. While I have never been to the Anchor Bar in Buffalo to taste the original Buffalo Wings there, I have been to Jamaica so I have a point of reference for them. But I’m still just not that picky.


Like corn on the cob, I often compare Buffalo Wings and Jerk Wings to sex. Even when it's bad… it's still pretty good.


In this recipe, by combining the sweet orgasmic offerings that both have to offer, I find myself enjoying a ménage à trois of chicken wings.


Now, if we could just find a way to include corn on the cob… what an orgy of oral delight that would be!


Prep time: 10 min.

Cook Time: 30 min.

Total Time: 40 min.


Serves: 2


Stuff You’ll Need

  • 2 lbs wings

  • 2 tbsp cornstarch

  • 2 tbsp flour

  • 1 tbsp kosher salt

  • 1 tbsp pepper

  • 2 tbsp Jerk Spice


For The Buffalo Sauce

  • 1 cup Franks Hot Sauce

  • 2 tbsp Butter

  • 2 Tbsp White Vinegar


Do This:

  1. Pre-Heat oven to 425° F.

  2. Wash wings and pat dry with a paper towel.

  3. Mix the rest of the dry ingredients in a bowl.        

  4. Toss the wings in the mixed spices.    

  5. Heat in oven for about ½ hour, turning once halfway through.

  6. While wings are cooking, mix all the Buffalo Sauce ingredients in a small pot and heat until the butter has melted.

  7. When wings are done, toss in the Buffalo Sauce.


Comments

Stuff others read

Obituary: 173 Big Bay Point Road

Your Silence Will Not Protect You