Mother and Child Reunion

My Shirley loved this chicken breast recipe that I made for the first time today. At least I think she loved it. She told me she loved it and I would like to think I can take her word for it, but sometimes I worry that My Shirley tells me that she likes my cooking just so I will do it more often. Of course that would defeat the purpose because, what's the point of me cooking if she doesn't like what I cook? Unless she is just hoping that I will eventually get better over time and she'll never have to cook again.


It's bad enough that I am OCD but I think I'm starting to add paranoia to my list of "endearing quirks".


This recipe calls for Stove-Top Dressing and there will be lots left over that can be saved for another time. I used some of the leftover dressing to mix in with the double-baked potatoes I made as a side dish. Of course you could mix it in with mashed potatoes as well or even serve some as a side dish on its own.


It's up to you. I'm not going to tell you what to do with any leftovers.


Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 25 minutes

Total Time: 45 minutes


Serves: 2


Stuff You’ll Need:

  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

  • ~ 1 sq. foot of aluminum foil, split in half

  • Salt

  • Pepper

  • Paprika

  • Parsley

  • Bacon grease (or vegetable oil)

  • Stove-Top Dressing

  • Cheddar cheese, shredded

  • Chopped onions

  • Bacon bits

  • 2 egg yolks


Do This:

  1. Preheat oven to 400° F.

  2. With a sharp knife, cut a slit down the length of each chicken breast taking care not to cut all the way through.

  3. Gently spread the breast apart and cut a second slit on the inside down the left side and repeat again on the right side making sure not to cut all the way through making a small boat in the chicken breast that looks like a vagina.

  4. Stuff the chicken breast with a small ball of aluminum foil. 

  5. Sprinkle salt, pepper, paprika and parsley on top of the chicken.

  6. Flip and sprinkle the bottom as well.

  7. In a frying pan, heat bacon grease (or vegetable oil).

  8. Add chicken and fry for about 10 minutes, flipping a couple of times, taking care to keep the aluminum foil in place. (Use a spatula to hold the aluminum foil in place as you flip the chicken breast with another spatula.)

  9. While this is cooking, make up some Stove-Top Dressing, following the instructions on the box.

  10. When the chicken breasts are done (they don’t have to be fully cooked), transfer to a small casserole dish coated with bacon grease or vegetable oil.

  11. Remove the aluminum foil and discard.

  12. Fill the cavity with Stove-Top Dressing. (Safe any leftover dressing for later use.)

  13. Bake in the oven for about another 10 minutes.

  14. Remove from the oven and cover with shredded cheddar cheese.

  15. Sprinkle with onions and bacon bits.

  16. Use the back of a spoon to gently press the shredded cheese to make a shallow nest for the egg yolk on each chicken breast. This will prevent the egg yolk from sliding off the top as it did in the picture at the top.

  17. Place an egg yolk in each of the nests.

  18. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the egg yolk and chicken are cooked. 



Place crumpled aluminum foil in the hollow
of the chicken breasts to prevent the hollow
from closing in.
Cut a hollow in the chicken breasts so they look
like a vagina. Try not to get carried away.
We're adults here, aren't we?


Comments

Stuff others read

Obituary: 173 Big Bay Point Road

Your Silence Will Not Protect You