Buffalo Chicken Biscuits

- jim Young 20190615

When preparing a recipe that involves dipping your food into any kind of batter or sauce, such as chicken wings or fish, I inevitably end up with extra batter or sauce left over.

Or worse - not enough to finish the job.

In most cases, since I've been dipping raw meat into my batter, it's probably been contaminated and not worth the risk of food poisoning by trying to keep it for another time.

Recently I was preparing some Baked Buffalo Wings when I somehow had a considerable amount of both the wet, egg/milk mix and dry, flour/breadcrumb dipping mixes left over.

It seemed a shame to throw it out but I had nothing handy to use it up on.

Rather than carry two bowls to the garbage, I combined the two mixes into one bowl. It occurred to me then, that perhaps I could mix it up and bake them into biscuits.

I imagined my biscuits would be pretty bland however, so I looked around my kitchen for ideas and decided to add some of my hot sauce mix that I had prepared to toss the wings in once they were baked.

That should spice my biscuits up a little.

Lastly I decided some shredded cheddar cheese might make another flavourful addition to my biscuit dough.

After dropping the biscuit dough onto a baking pan to form small balls and then flattening them with a fork I shoved these into the toaster oven for about 20 minutes until they turned golden brown.

Voila! A new recipe was born. They turned out so well I started making them as a separate treat so I don't have to wait for wing night and hope I have some leftover ingredients.

And now you can enjoy this treat too.

Buffalo Chicken Biscuits

Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Total Time: 30 min.

Servings: 9

Stuff Required

Sauce:

⅛  cup Buffalo wing sauce
1 tbsp butter, melted
1 tbsp white vinegar

Biscuit Dough:

¼ cup flour
¼ cup bread crumbs
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp paprika
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 egg, beaten
¼ cup milk
1 cup cheese, shredded
sauce from above

Do This

Sauce:

Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
Set aside.

Biscuit Dough:

Preheat oven to 450° F.
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
Drop dough into small biscuit size portions on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Flatten biscuits slightly with a fork.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes.

Tips:

Biscuits go great with butter or dipped in hot sauce for added flavour.
Optionally serve with ranch dressing or blue cheese.

Comments

Post a Comment

Stuff others read

Published in the Great North Arrow, April 1, 2023: Vladdy's On First